Disaster & Emergency Management Conference brings together some of Australia and New Zealand's most dedicated sector leaders, professionals and service providers in the one place for two big days of learning, listening, strategising and conceptualising the future of the sector.
At DEMC24 we’re asking the BIG questions…
How do we navigate the current climate challenges to enhance resilience?
How can we introduce innovative approaches to community risk reduction?
What does interagency collaboration and communication look like in the near future?
How will we lead with strength, recruit and retain team members in the era of poly-crisis and the great resignation?
More about DEMC24
Here’s a snapshot of delegates you can connect with at DEMC
DEMC brings together professionals across the Emergency Services, Fire, Police, Ambulance, Defence Force, Federal, State and Loccal governemnt, Private sector and climate change agencies, Volunteer services and Indigenous business and Universities. Typically we see delegates range from:
- ADFLO (Defence)
- Federal and State Government Heads of Departments, Directors and Coordinators
- General Managers and Managers of Emergency Response and Emergency Services
- Assistant Directors and Assistant Commissioners
- CEOs and business owners and leaders (technology, communication, insurance)
- Director, Coordinators and Unit Managers of Disaster Management Teams and offices
- Clinical psychologists, mental health or allied health care workers
- Area Controllers, Disaster response coordinators
- Community Engagement Officers, Recovery Managers and Community Development
- Economists, Futurists, Environmental Scientists
Yes! DEMC is for you if you’re looking for…
- Honest conversations around what needs to happen to in our sector in order for the sector to be truly united and strong as we head into unknown challenges.
- Up-to-date research and knowledge sharing.
- Frontline workers sharing real information about what is happening in the moments that matter for our sector.
- A break away from your every-day to focus on the future of the sector and network building with purpose.
Strategies – Unity – Transformation
- Access to all recorded keynote presentations (30 days)
- All recorded concurrent presentations (30 days)
- Access to conference app
- Printed symposium materials
- Over 10 hours towards CPD points
- Your personalised certificate of attendance
This is your chance to connect with your peers, emergency management personnel from state and local governments, frontline workers, NGOs, and other recovery agencies.
Have a break away from your inbox + the fun stuff
Get ready to enjoy:
- An exclusive welcome networking function with drinks, canapes and entertainment
- A 5-star catering package for the entire conference with morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- A special gift for returning delegates
- The chance to win awesome prizes
- Chillout mindfulness zones
- Other fun things for all delegates
What we’ll cover at DEMC24
Building Resilient Communities, Businesses and Infrastructure for Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
- Voices of Resilience: Learning from Lived Experiences in Disaster Response and Recovery Services
- Empowering Community: Education, Capacity Building and Social Cohesion for Enhanced Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
- Business Continuity Strategies: Strengthening Organisational Resilience in Times of Crisis
- Infrastructure Resilience: Enhancing Critical Infrastructure for Disasters Minimisation.
- Volunteer and Community Engagement: Successful Initiatives Bolstering Disaster Resilience in response and recovery.
- Economic and Financial Resilience: Strategies for Recovery and Stability in Disaster-Affected Individuals, Businesses and Communities.
Promoting Safety, Inclusivity, and Ethical Excellence: A Comprehensive Approach to Emergency and Disaster Management
- Sustainable Safety: Ethical Paths for Community Resilience
- Inclusive Disaster Management: Empowering Indigenous and Diverse Communities
- Ethical and Legal Dimensions: Navigating Dilemmas and Legal Challenges in Disaster Response, Resource Allocation and Decision-Making
- Supporting First Responders: Programs and Initiatives for Post-Disaster Recovery and Aid.
- Reimagining Volunteer Engagement: Strategies for Bridging Gaps, Attracting Diversity, Ensuring Sustainability, Maximising Impact and Navigating the Post-COVID Landscape
Advancements in Communications and Technology for Enhanced Disaster Response, Public Safety and Recovery
- Effective Risk Communication: Navigating Public Messaging including the Social Media and Information Dissemination during Emergencies and Recovery
- Communications for Disaster Intervention Success: Connecting, Coordinating, and Saving Lives
- Leveraging Technological Breakthroughs: AI, Drones and Innovative Solutions in Disaster Response and recovery, Early Warning Systems and Data Management
Disaster Preparedness and Response: Strategies, Partnerships, Leadership and Innovation for a Resilience and Post-Disaster Recovery
- Recovery and Resilience Building: Rebuilding Communities, Infrastructure, and Systems for a Sustainable Future
- Harnessing Nature’s Support: Advancing Risk Mitigation through Nature-Based Solutions for Future Preparedness
- Comprehensive Disaster Preparedness: Developing Plans, Assessing Risks, Allocating Resources and Engaging Communities
- Adaptive Crisis Leadership: From Crisis to Action: Effective Operational Strategies, Navigating High-Stress Situations, Evaluating the Present, Envisioning the Future and Catalyzing Change
Learning from Experience: Case Studies and Valuable Insights
- Innovative Approaches to Community Risk Reduction: Case Studies and Practical Applications.
- Response and Recovery Realities: Extracting Valuable Lessons and Best Practices from Real-life Experiences
- Operational Insights: Response Experiences and Lessons Learnt from the Field
Climate Challenges: Strategies, Adaptation and Environmental Conservation
- Climate Adaptation Strategies: Long-term Strategies, Infrastructure improvements, Policy Shifts and Community Engagement.
- Navigating Climate Challenges: Enhancing Resilience and Addressing Disaster-Related Environmental Impact including Frequency and Severity.
- Indigenous Wisdom and Cultural Practices: Harnessing Traditional Knowledge for Climate Resilience and Conservation
Shaping the Future: Innovations, Challenges and Global Collaboration
- Leading the Way: Exploring Innovative Concepts and Anticipating Future Challenges
- Navigating the New Normal: Recruitment, Retention, Leadership, and Resilience in the Era of Poly-crises and the Great Resignation
- Interagency Collaboration: Strengthening Coordination Across Emergency Services, Healthcare and Governments
- Medical Response and Preparedness: Enhancing Surge Capacity, Triage and Infectious Disease Management
- Global Response and Cooperation: International Collaboration in Addressing Transnational Disasters and Emergencies
The DEMC Conference Committee
REGISTRATIONS WILL OPEN 18 APRIL 2024
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST TO ATTEND DEMC 2024
What People are Sayiing
WHERE IT'S HAPPENING
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
DEMC 2024 will be held at:
RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast
|Accommodation Rates (GST inclusive)|
|Room Only||$265 per night|
|Room + Breakfast for One||$295 per night|
|Room + Breakfast for Two||$325 per night|
Accommodation is optional and can be booked during registration.