JULY 22-23, 2024
PRESENTING AT DEMC 2024
Share your work at DEMC24
Present at Disaster and Emergency Management Conference 2024
- Share your expertise and knowledge with the wider DEM community.
- Have your voice at the front of the conversations shaping the future of the DEMC sector.
- Inspire your peers with your ideas, insights, research, stories and case studies.
- Build your reputation and enhance your professional profile.
- Build your self-confidence and grow in leadership and influence.
Presenters come from all areas of emergency and disaster management, government, academia and research, culture and community.
Theme and Topics
In 2024, our conference theme is:
Leading in Times of Crisis:
Empowering Change and Recovery through Learning, Innovation and Adaptation
We will explore the following topics:
Building Resilient Communities, Businesses and Infrastructure for Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
- Voices of Resilience: Learning from Lived Experiences in Disaster Response and Recovery Services
- Empowering Community: Education, Capacity Building and Social Cohesion for Enhanced Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
- Business Continuity Strategies: Strengthening Organisational Resilience in Times of Crisis
- Infrastructure Resilience: Enhancing Critical Infrastructure for Disasters Minimisation.
- Volunteer and Community Engagement: Successful Initiatives Bolstering Disaster Resilience in response and recovery.
- Economic and Financial Resilience: Strategies for Recovery and Stability in Disaster-Affected Individuals, Businesses and Communities.
Promoting Safety, Inclusivity, and Ethical Excellence: A Comprehensive Approach to Emergency and Disaster Management
- Sustainable Safety: Ethical Paths for Community Resilience
- Inclusive Disaster Management: Empowering Indigenous and Diverse Communities
- Ethical and Legal Dimensions: Navigating Dilemmas and Legal Challenges in Disaster Response, Resource Allocation and Decision-Making
- Supporting First Responders: Programs and Initiatives for Post-Disaster Recovery and Aid.
- Reimagining Volunteer Engagement: Strategies for Bridging Gaps, Attracting Diversity, Ensuring Sustainability, Maximising Impact and Navigating the Post-COVID Landscape
Advancements in Communications and Technology for Enhanced Disaster Response, Public Safety and Recovery
- Effective Risk Communication: Navigating Public Messaging including the Social Media and Information Dissemination during Emergencies and Recovery
- Communications for Disaster Intervention Success: Connecting, Coordinating, and Saving Lives
- Leveraging Technological Breakthroughs: AI, Drones and Innovative Solutions in Disaster Response and recovery, Early Warning Systems and Data Management
Disaster Preparedness and Response: Strategies, Partnerships, Leadership and Innovation for a Resilience and Post-Disaster Recovery
- Recovery and Resilience Building: Rebuilding Communities, Infrastructure, and Systems for a Sustainable Future
- Harnessing Nature’s Support: Advancing Risk Mitigation through Nature-Based Solutions for Future Preparedness
- Comprehensive Disaster Preparedness: Developing Plans, Assessing Risks, Allocating Resources and Engaging Communities
- Adaptive Crisis Leadership: From Crisis to Action: Effective Operational Strategies, Navigating High-Stress Situations, Evaluating the Present, Envisioning the Future and Catalyzing Change
Learning from Experience: Case Studies and Valuable Insights
- Innovative Approaches to Community Risk Reduction: Case Studies and Practical Applications.
- Response and Recovery Realities: Extracting Valuable Lessons and Best Practices from Real-life Experiences
- Operational Insights: Response Experiences and Lessons Learnt from the Field
Climate Challenges: Strategies, Adaptation and Environmental Conservation
- Climate Adaptation Strategies: Long-term Strategies, Infrastructure improvements, Policy Shifts and Community Engagement.
- Navigating Climate Challenges: Enhancing Resilience and Addressing Disaster-Related Environmental Impact including Frequency and Severity.
- Indigenous Wisdom and Cultural Practices: Harnessing Traditional Knowledge for Climate Resilience and Conservation
Shaping the Future: Innovations, Challenges and Global Collaboration
- Leading the Way: Exploring Innovative Concepts and Anticipating Future Challenges
- Navigating the New Normal: Recruitment, Retention, Leadership, and Resilience in the Era of Poly-crises and the Great Resignation
- Interagency Collaboration: Strengthening Coordination Across Emergency Services, Healthcare and Governments
- Medical Response and Preparedness: Enhancing Surge Capacity, Triage and Infectious Disease Management
- Global Response and Cooperation: International Collaboration in Addressing Transnational Disasters and Emergencies
Take to the stage and present to the audience in a 15 or 25 minutes speaking session with 5 minutes for questions.
Keep the attention of attendees via engaging, hands-on learning experience in a 60 minute masterclass.
Panel presentations bring together views from a group of presenters into a discussion of innovative ideas, current topics, and relevant issues. Each panel session will run for 60 minutes and will consist of at least 3 panel members.
Visually showcase your research or services via a printed poster, displayed in the conference exhibition area for the duration of the conference. A dedicated 30 minute poster session is included in the conference program. Posters also displayed virtually to e-delegates.
|Presentation applications open||Tuesday, November 14th , 2023|
|Presentation applications close||Friday 8 March 2024|
|Notifications to presenters||Monday 8 April 2024|
|Acceptances and registrations due||Tuesday 17 April 2024|
|Program launch||Thursday 18 April 2024|
|Scholarships close||Friday 17 May 2024|
|Early bird ends||Friday 17 May 2024|
|Conference dates||Monday 22 - Tuesday 23 July 2024|