The 5th Australian and New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference will be held at Jupiter’s Gold Coast, QLD on the 30-31 May 2016.
Authors or organisations interested in presenting at the Conference are invited to submit an abstract of no more than 300 words outlining the aims, contents and conclusions of their paper or presentation. The Conference theme ‘Earth, Fire and Rain’ will continue to address planning, response and the introduction of innovative techniques in management of disasters, emergencies and hazards. The Conference offers extensive resources, knowledge and network opportunities to those that work in the Disaster and Emergency Management Community.
The program will include:
- Keynote presentations by renowned speakers
- Concurrent sessions, workshops and panel sessions
- Networking Functions
- Exhibition of leading industry professionals
- Poster Presentations
- Access to presenter podcasts and book of proceedings following the Conference
2016 Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Brett Aimers, Adjunct Associate Professor, James Cook University. Director, Australian Institute of Emergency Services
- Dr Joanna L. Batstone, Vice President and Lab Director. IBM Research Australia
- Sarb Johal, Associate Professor in Disaster Mental Health, Joint Centre for Disaster Research Massey University, NZ
- Julie Molloy, Director, Social Engagement, Volunteering QLD
To submit your abstract for the 5th Australian and New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference please click here, and for further conference information, news and updates please visit the conference website.