You’ll see them all the time; people who have left it too late to get ready and are relying on the SES for help. By preparing better before disaster hits, we can help take the strain off the SES and let them focus on those who need help the most.
Ensure any preparedness activities conducted in or around your property boundary adhere to the local council bi-laws. To find your local council click here.
If you are holidaying or travelling to an unfamiliar location, remember to check the local council website for information on the local emergency and evacuation plan. Find the local council of your destination here.
For help with preparing an Emergency Kit and Evacuation Plan right now, download fact sheets below:
- Fact Sheet 1: Emergency Plan (PDF, 195KB)
- Fact Sheet 2: Prepare Evacuation Plan (PDF, 329KB)
- Fact Sheet 3: Emergency Kit (PDF, 537KB)
- Fact Sheet 4: Prepare Your Home (PDF, 163KB)
- Fact Sheet 5: Tune Into Warnings (PDF, 428KB)
- Fact Sheet 6: Check Your Neighbours (PDF, 168KB)
- Fact Sheet 7: Pet Emergency Plan (PDF, 175KB)
- Fact Sheet 8: Prepare Your Car (PDF, 162KB)
- Fact Sheet 9: Prepare Your Business (PDF, 351KB)
- Emergency Plan to put on your Fridge/Pantry (PDF, 166KB)
- Translated Fact Sheets
- REDiPlan for people with a disability, their family and carers
- Find out more about emergency services and disasters
- Queensland Health’s Emergency Pantry list
Source: RACQ Get Ready Queensland