You are invited to submit an abstract for consideration in the 2015 Australian & New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference program.
The Call for Abstracts is now open and submissions are being accepted via the conference website.
The Conference will feature multi-agency presentations covering all phases of emergency and disaster management – prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
Conference Topics will include:
- Innovation in emergency and disaster management and governance
- Leadership in disasters: measuring effectiveness and strategies
- Risk management, reduction and communication
- Recovery: defining, planning, measuring and financing
- Disaster funding, law and policies
- New technology and social media
- Public health: risk, response, recovery & resilience
- Volunteers: engagement, training and support
- Community resilience: initiatives, engagement and recovery
- At risk groups: vulnerable elements of society
- Behaviour change: cultural, public and organisational
- Animals: emergencies and disasters
- Resilience in infrastructure
- International disasters
- Local Government initiatives
The committee is seeking abstracts to create a program that will facilitate discussion and provide a spotlight on developing leaders in the Disaster and Emergency Community.
Call for Abstracts close Friday, 23 January 2015 and must be entered via the conference website.