The 2017 Australian and New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference (ANZDMC) is almost here again and returns to The Star Gold Coast in a few weeks from 22 – 23 May.
The Conference Committee welcomes Brigadier Christopher Field, AM, CSC to provide a first hand encounter of the recovery efforts following TC Debbie. Appointed by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to lead the recovery process, Brigadier Field is a wonderful addition to the Conference Program giving delegates a real time insight into a recent disaster.
Brigadier Field will join the other exciting keynote speakers including:
- Commissioner Ian Stewart, Queensland Police Service
- Mr Rod Young, National Emergency Response Manager, Telstra
- Mr John Yates QPM, Director of Security – Scentre Group, Australia and New Zealand, Westfield Corporation – US, UK & Europe
- Ms Judy Slatyer, CEO, Australian Red Cross
- Ms Kate Fitzgerald, Director Relief and Recovery, Emergency Management Victoria
- Dr Susie Burke, Senior Psychologist, Public Interest, Environment and Disaster Response, Australian Psychological Society
- Dr Paul Barnes, Head, Risk & Resilience, Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Associate Professor Peter Aitken, Senior Director, Health Disaster Management Unit, Queensland Health
On top of this delegates will have an additional 75 concurrent presentations and 20 poster presentations to choose from. Registration also includes access to the Conference Exhibition which sees over 30 exhibitors displaying the latest products and services.
We’re looking forward to another successful event in 2017 and we hope to see you there. Registrations are still available, further information on the 2017 Australian and New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference please visit www.anzdmc.com.au.