About the Conference
The 8th Australian & New Zealand Disaster & Emergency Management Conference will be held at RACV Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast on Wednesday 12 & Thursday 13 June 2019.
The annual conference will provide a two day educational program to facilitate presentations and conversations on the effects of climate extremes, government contribution and influence, communication, collaboration and preparedness throughout the disaster and emergency management sector.
The 2019 program will incorporate nine keynote speakers and over 70 concurrent presenters giving you an opportunity to collaborate, network and learn from like minded professionals. This conference promotes and encourages participation from all parts of the sector towards a shared appreciation and learning of the successes and challenges of disasters and emergencies.
The Australian & New Zealand Search & Rescue Conference will be held on Friday 14 June 2019.
In Association With:
Who Should Attend
- State Emergency Services
- Ambulance Services
- Fire & Emergency Services
- Volunteer Organisations
- Australian Federal Police
- Red Cross
- Australian Defence Force
- University/ Educational Institutes/ Researchers/ Academics
- Policymakers/ Government/ Local Government/ Councils
- Emergency Services Managers
- Health Services
- Pandemic Planners
- Asset Managers/ Business Consultants
- Search and Rescue
- Planners/ Risk Assessors
- Facility Managers (Aged Care, Hospitals)
- Insurers/ Financial Institutions
- Equipment Providers
The program is intended to provide all participants with an opportunity to contribute and learn.
The program will examine what we have learnt in the past few years and provided a comprehensive forum to address the expertise, competencies and systems relating to the preparedness for future disasters, emergencies and hazards and the ability to recover from them quickly and efficiently.
The program will include:
- Keynote presentations by renowned speakers
- Concurrent sessions and panel sessions
- Networking function
- Exhibition of leading industry professionals
- Poster presentations
- Access to presenter podcasts and book of proceedings following the conference
- Certificate of Attendance which may be used towards CPD points